Completed IAPD scholarship applications must be submitted electronically by Friday, February 12, 2016
To apply for a 2016 IAPD scholarship, college/university students at the undergraduate or graduate degree level must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be employed by an IAPD member company
- Be a child of an employee of an IAPD member company
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree or graduate degree program majoring in polymer sciences (full-time = minimum 12 credit hours/semester.)
College-bound high school seniors are eligible to apply for the IAPD scholarship. Candidates must have a minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA based on a 4.0 scale. Students are ranked based on academic achievement, extracurricular activities and financial need.
In addition to completing this online form, submitted scholarship applications must include the following supporting materials:
- A current unofficial transcript may be sent for use during the review process. Scholarship recipients will be required to mail a sealed, official transcript. If you will be a sophomore in college, please send both high school and college transcripts. If you are unable to obtain your high school transcript, please check the appropriate box where indicated on the signature addendum page.
- A letter of recommendation from a principal or dean, department head, or instructor from your school.
- The signature addendum page of this application, signed by both student and a parent or guardian.
All applications must be submitted electronically by Friday, February 12, 2016. Additional supporting materials including transcripts, letters of recommendation and the original completed signature addendum page must be in English to be accepted and submitted electronically to Jean McClure by Friday, February 12, 2016 to be considered.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. All information submitted will be maintained in confidence and used solely for purposes of analyzing the 2016 scholarship application.
Recipients are selected by a Scholarship Committee of four individuals who carefully review all applications. Recipients are ranked based on academic achievement, extracurricular activities and financial need.
Recipients will be notified by mail on or before June 3, 2016 and a check will be mailed to the first choice school indicated on the application by June 17, 2016. If your school plans change prior to June 17, please promptly notify IAPD with new information. All scholarships are paid directly to the school, not to the student. Prior to fund distribution, recipients will be contacted to verify personal information, including their social security number, and to obtain a recent photograph (digital or print only; cell phone photographs cannot be accepted).
If you have questions or issues with your application, contact Jean McClure at +913.345.1005.