IAPD Now Accepting 2015 Annual Scholarship Applications!
Completed applications must be submitted electronically
Friday, February 13, 2015
The IAPD Charitable Foundation was established in 1981 as a non-profit tax exempt corporation to provide scholarships at the undergraduate and graduate degree levels to employees of IAPD member firms and their children, as well as students majoring in polymer sciences.
Each year, worthy recipients are awarded up to US$4,500 to provide meaningful financial support for their college/university education.
Follow this 4-step process and be on your way to earning US$4,500 for your college education!
College/university students at the undergraduate or graduate degree level must be one of the following to apply:
- An employee of an IAPD member company
- A child of an employee of an IAPD member company
- Enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree or graduate degree program majoring in polymer sciences (full-time = minimum 12 credit hours/semester.)
- College-bound high school seniors are eligible to apply for the IAPD Scholarship
Candidates must have a minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA based on a 4.0 scale. Students are ranked based on academic achievement, extracurricular activities and financial need.
In addition to this application, submitted scholarship applications must include these supporting materials:
- A current unofficial transcript may be sent for use during the review process. Scholarship recipients will be required to mail a sealed, official transcript. If you will be a sophomore in college, please send both high school and college transcripts. If you are unable to obtain your high school transcript, please check the appropriate box where indicated on the signature addendum page.
- A letter of recommendation from a principal or dean, department head, or instructor from your school.
- The signature addendum page of this application, signed by both student and a parent or guardian.
All applications must be submitted online by Friday, February 13, 2015. Additional supporting materials including transcripts, letters of recommendation and the original completed signature addendum page must be in English to be accepted and emailed to Jean McClure by Friday, February 13, 2015 to be considered.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. All information submitted will be maintained in confidence and used solely for purposes of analyzing the 2015 scholarship application.
Recipients are selected by a Scholarship Committee of four individuals who carefully review all applications. Recipients are ranked based on academic achievement, extracurricular activities and financial need.
Recipients will be notified by mail on or before June 5, 2015 and a check will be mailed to the first choice school indicated on the application by June 19, 2015. If your school plans change prior to June 19, please promptly notify IAPD with new information. All scholarships are paid directly to the school, not to the student. Prior to fund distribution, recipients will be contacted to verify personal information, including their social security number, and to obtain a recent photograph (digital or print only; cell phone photographs cannot be accepted).
If you have questions or issues with your application,
Jean McClure at +913.345.1005.